- Give each person 2-3 papers and ask them to write a word, phrase or sentence on the paper. Put all of the papers in a bowl.
- Sit in a large circle and designate teams by counting off by 2’s. This means that every other person will be on your team.
- Take turns going in a circle. Each person is given 1 minute to try to get their team to guess as many phrases as possible. Keep a tally of how many phrases are guessed by each team.
- When all of the papers have been used, place them all back in a bowl.
- Repeat this process with the following rounds:
- The first round is Taboo, which means they can say any word except what is written on the paper.
- The second round is charades, which means they have to act out the phrase without using any noises or words.
- The third round is sound effects, which means they have to use only sound effects to try to get their team to guess the word.
- The fourth and final round is one word, which means they can only choose one word to get people to guess their phrase.
- 2-3 papers
- Tally the points at the end and announce a winner!
Submitted by Norikuni Nishikawa and the Indiana Youth Ministry