It’s super simple. Basically, we throw a bunch of players and a ball in a pit. Turn up the music, everyone for him/herself; if the ball hits you, you’re out. The last one in the pit wins. Then, everyone hops back in for the next round. Games last no more than five minutes. It’s fast, it’s sweaty and it’s really addictive. As soon as you get out, you can’t wait to hop back in. That’s why they’re all talking about it!
The official game rules of The Gaga Center:
- All players start with one hand touching a wall of the pit.
- The game begins with someone throwing the ball into the center of the pit.
- Once the ball is in play, any player can hit the ball with an open or closed hand.
- If a ball hits a player, he/she is eliminated and has to step out of the pit.
- If a ball is caught on a fly, the player who hit the ball is out.
- Players cannot hold the ball.
- If needed, a second ball can be thrown in the pit to expedite the end of the game. The last player standing is the winner of that round.
- The pit can be created with flipped tables to create walls.
- You can have one game with many people or even create multiple pits with different games going on simultaneously.
Submitted by Leilani Owens and the South Florida Youth Ministry