Section-2 Quiz (The Human Fall)
- Briefly describe Lucifer’s motivation for seducing Eve.
- Why did Eve respond to Lucifer’s temptation? And why then did she later seduce Adam?
- What made it hard for Adam and Eve to go for God after they fell? What choices or attitudes could they have had which might have led to a different outcome?
- Briefly explain why the power of love is stronger than the power of the Principle.
- Clearly love is a powerful thing; describe some of the pros and cons of the attitudes we as a society have about love.
- Why did God give human beings the commandment not to eat of the fruit of the tree of good and evil?
- Even though God knew that there was a possibility that human beings would disobey the commandment and fall, He still chose to place all of His hope and trust in us. Why?
- God desires us to live lives of true and complete freedom, and yet He gave the commandment “Do not eat of the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.” If God truly desires for us to be free, why does He give us so many rules?
- We know that the commandment wasn’t binding forever, why did God want Adam and Eve to fulfill the first blessing (Be fruitful) before they started working on the second (Multiply)?
- In unravelling the human Fall we begin to understand the depth of God’s hope for us as His children. What is one thing you think God wants for you as His son/daughter?