BEST VERSION OF ME WORLD CAFE DISCUSSIONS
Best Version of me World Cafe Discussions: Share about the little practices that help us be who we want to be
This quote from Father Moon was used to inspire this discussion“…we want to become the best in the world. This is our right as human beings, for we are only seeking to fulfill our original value.” ~ CSG, 4, 1, 4, verse 5
- Explain: We are all trying to be the best versions of ourselves and some days are easier than others. Today’s world cafe discussion is all about the little practices that if we use consistently will help us be who we want to be.
- How it works:
- Set up several tables with a facilitator at each table (if possible).
- Each table should also be assigned one of these discussions.
- Youth will choose which table to join at random, join that discussion, and then move onto a new one.
- You should try to keep each group even and may need to ask people to join a different group to help with that.
- Give each table a large poster board size paper and marker. As they go through sharing about the discussion they should write a simple phrase on the paper to represent their answer.
- When all the sessions are complete you can post the paper on the wall and let people take time to see what others shared about.
- Best Version of Me Discussions:
- The people I should have said thank you to this week
- My favorite part of my week and why
- The best compliment I have ever received
- Advice that I have gotten that I probably should use
- Why I shouldn’t doubt myself
- Little ways I could be a better human