BRIDGE THE GAP OF GENERATIONS
The purpose of this activity is to facilitate an opportunity for the youth to grow their capacity to love others by focusing on the elder generation.
- Before the event, invite some parents or elder figures in the community attend this portion of the evening.
- It may be a good idea to play some warm up icebreakers to get people feeling comfortable.
- Share a testimony focusing on the benefit of relationships between generations.
- Depending on the size of your group and how many elders you have, pair the youth in small groups or in partners with the elders and have them answer these questions together:
- What is something you are excited about in the near future?
- What is your favorite way to spend your time?
- What makes you happy?
- What are you most grateful for in your life?
- What is one thing you are working towards?
- Have the youth introduce their elder figure to the larger group, and vice versa.