Aim to understand that God made different kinds of animals; land animals, fish and birds
* To understand that God made different kinds of animals; land animals, fish and birds.
* To learn the names of animals
* A picture book of different animals
* toy animals
* memory cards of different animals
* black and white drawings of animals OR animal stickers
* Garden of Eden game
* Coloured A4 paper – light blue (sky), dark blue (sea), green (land).
* a picture to colour
3. Activities – stick & paste, colour a picture
4. Review aims of lesson
Read to the children a picture book of different animals. Some animals live in the water, some on the land and some fly in the air. Show the children a variety of toy animals for them to identify. Ask them to put each animal into the right group.(land, sea and sky)
* Play the memory game using pairs of animal pictures
* Play “Garden of Eden”
* Stick together three pieces of A4 paper, light blue, dark blue and green, to represent sky, water and land. Children colour small pictures of animals and stick them onto the large piece of paper in the correct places. Alternatively use animal stickers
* colour a picture called “God Made Animals”
4) Review the aims of the lesson
To understand that God made different kinds of animals; land animals, fish and birds.
To learn the names of animals