10 Month detailed outline focusing on the Bible: from Matthew to Revelation. Submitted by Melissa Manor from Maryland.
10 Month Outline
Subject: The Bible Story: Mathew to Revelation
Class Lesson Plan:
10:00-10:05 Kids gather
10:05-10:10 Game to get the energy going (Hangman, Simon says, any fun simplegame)
10:10-10:20 Week Sharing: positives and negatives from the week
10:20-10:25 Review of previous lessons – asking them what they remember from last time
10:25-10:40 Read a story from the Bible (stories are listed below)
10:40-10:45 Review of story: questions, comments, characters, what was the point, key words
10:45-10:55 Activity that relates to the story: Drawing, coloring, writing important things, a game, or an activity, anything that connects to the story but is more fun than reading. This is to help them better understand the story or an important thing if they did not get it from the reading.
***** The successfulness of the class depends on the child being present and on time! Please make it a priority to come on time! ****
September – Gospels: Preparation for the Messiah
- Week 1 – Introduction to Sunday school, getting acquainted, review of some of Old Testament.
- Week 2 – Old Testament review cont. & introduction into the Gospels: What is it?
- Week 3 and Week 4 – Looking and the Gospels – preparation for the Messiah & introducing Mary and Joseph
October – Jesus birth and Childhood
- Week 1 – Jesus Birth
- Week 2 – After Jesus Birth, three kings, gifts
- Week 3 – Jesus childhood – Jesus at the temple
- Week 4 – Quiz 1 – after reviews on Gospels intro and Jesus Birth and Childhood
November – Jesus and John
- Week 1 – Who is John in relation to Jesus?
- Week 2 – John the Baptist Prepares the Way
- Week 3 – John the Baptist as a Disciple and What is a Disciple?
- Week 4 – The Baptism of Jesus = The Beginning of Jesus’ ministry
January – Jesus First Year
- Week 1 – Jesus Disciples
- Week 2 – Jesus Miracle of the Paralyzed Man
- Week 3 – The First Passover
- Week 4 – The Sabbath day
February – Jesus Second Year
- Week 1 – In depth lesson of the disciples
- Week 2 – Review and Quiz on the Disciples
- Week 3 – Sermon on the Mount & stories about prayer
- Week 4 – Jesus Friend in Need: Storm on the Lake
March – Jesus Second Year / Jesus Final Year
- Week 1 – Jesus Teaches about God’s Kingdom
- Week 2 – Jesus in Control, Jesus Walks on Water
- Week 3 – Jesus Teaches about Himself & the Transfiguration
- Week 4 – Jesus Say’s “I am…”
- Week 5 – A present for Jesus, Palm Sunday and Jesus Enemies Grow Stronger
April – Jesus Final Year
- Week 1 – Quiz and Jesus Enemies Grow Stronger and the Last Supper
- Week 2 – Jesus Arrest and Trial
- Week 3 – Jesus’ Crucifixion and Easter Treats!
- Week 4 – Jesus Resurrection & Ascension
May – Acts / Letters: The Apostles’ Mission
- Week 1 – Quiz and Paul’s Conversion
- Week 2 – Peter the Leader
- Week 3 – Paul the Preacher
- Week 4 – The Letter Writers
June – Christian History and Preparing for the Messiah
- Week 1 – Paul the Prisoner
- Week 2 – New Heaven – New Earth
- Week 3 – Review of whole year
- Week 4 – Fun Quiz and Party!