Setup: 10 teams, 4 people per team
- 4 people per team, each has a piece of yarn tied to their arm. If this is ripped off they “die.”
- Each team also selects a king. Any team that kills another team’s king gains 10 points for their team.
- If a regular player is killed, they go to the revival station, do a punishment to revive themselves, get another yarn and continue playing.
- If the king is killed, he is immediately immobile. The team must gather together, carry him back to the revival station whilst singing a holy song. Then they must all do the punishment together, designate a new king, and continue playing.
- At the beginning of play, each team surrounds the cornucopia with a pile of back packs in the middle. Each pack has vitality necessities (food, water) and one special item.
- Throughout the time, the groups must gather together to participate in mini games and receive points. The team that gets the most points by the end of the game wins.
Special Items from the Cornucopia:
- ROCKS! You must carry this weight in your pack throughout the entire game
But don’t be alarmed! If you combine forces with the other rock teams and surround any other player, they must reveal to you the identity of their king.
- HOLY SHEET YOU’VE GOT A SHIELD!
If your whole team is in a rut, simply cover yourselves with the shield and make a quick getaway.|
The shield provides “invisibility” for 30 seconds.
This power may only be used once per round. MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR!
- BANDS OF LIFE!
Each player receives one additional life which they may tie onto their other wrist at any point throughout the entire game.
- ZESTY CITRUSY ZAPPER BALL
Throw this weapon at any opponent to freeze them for 10 seconds. Use this to make a quick getaway OR a fast ambush!
This power can be used only once per round.
- TRUTH SERUM
Spray this magical water at any opponent and they must reveal to you their identity. Use it wisely to narrow down your target.
This may only be used 3 times per round.
MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR!
Hunger Games Mini-game rounds
Each team is given elastic and duct tape. They may use whatever they can find in the wild to create the best slingshot within 7 minutes. They each get 4 marshmallows and write their team number on each marshmallow.
They all line up and take turns taking shots at the fat suit man. Each marshmallow that hits the fat man wins their team 10 points.
- Food Pallet:
Each team lines up across a field from a plate. They take turns running up to the plate and guessing the type of baby food they taste. On their way there and back they must travel in a certain way (crabwalk, lunge, cartwheels, bernie, rolling). The first team to complete all 5 tastes and reunite with their team wins 11 points (all the way down to 1 in order) and for every flavor they get correct they get 2 points.
- Water Balloon fling:
Water balloons are scattered across the cornucopia. 5 of these have special pennies inside worth 10 points each. Two players make take a balloon, place it on the towel and fling it at a third team member. If the balloon contains a penny, they win their team 10 points and wait out the rest of the game.
Oily Orange Chair Ball:
THIS IS YOUR TEAM’S LAST RATION OF FOOD FOR THE YEAR. WIN THIS AND YOUR TEAM SURVIVES THE FAMINE.
Essentially chair ball but with an oily orange. All team members must drench their hands in oil and attempt to score as many points as possible within the time limit.
Submitted by Maryjean Hunter and Cecile Caron from Maryland Youth Ministry