- Select one or two seniors (“apprentices”) and invite them to your planning meeting for an upcoming event.
- Discuss the purpose of the event, what message you hope to get across. Encourage your apprentices to speak up about offering the “youth’s perspective.”
- Assign your apprentices a role for the program. (Depending on their comfort level, this could range from selecting the songs, leading an ice breaker, running a station, giving a testimony, being discussion leader…)
- Check in with your apprentices before the event begins- see what they need from you.
- After the event, be sure to acknowledge and appreciate your apprentices!
Contributed by Sasha Drost and the Maryland Youth Ministry