Universal Prime Energy
Lesson Objective: Understand the significant relationship between Universal Prime Energy and us.
Divine Principle Reading
God, the Creator of all things, is the absolute reality, eternal, self-existent and transcendent of time and space. The fundamental energy of God’s being is also eternal, self-existent and absolute. It is the origin of all energies and forces that allow created beings to exist. We call this fundamental energy universal prime energy.
Activity: Let The Force Be With You
1. To introduce Universal Prime Energy watch these clip from Star Wars:
- Obi Wan Explains the Force: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2YQJsbbWNA
- Yoda says “The Force is my Ally”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEuA5Y_Cc88
2. Explain: Universal Prime Energy is kind of like “The Force.”
Obi Wan says:
- UPE gives us power
- UPE is an energy field created by all living things
- UPE Connects & Penetrates Us
- UPE Binds the galaxy together
- UPE’s energy surrounds us and binds us
- Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter
- UPE is my ally, and a powerful ally it is
- You must feel UPE around you
- UPE is everywhere
- What is one way you feel empowered or have felt empowered by God in your life?
- How do you sense or see God’s Universal Prime Energy in the universe?
Concluding Point: God’s Universal Prime Energy moves in all of us and creation.
Activity: Get in Touch with UPE
Choose one or more of the following activities to practice getting in touch with UPE.
1. Outside Meditation:
- Go to a quiet place outside and practice this meditation together.
- Breathe in and say “I’m alive.”
- Breathe out and say “Thank You.”
- Focus on breathing and feeling God’s presence
- Focus on sensing God’s Universal Prime Energy in all things around you
- Let God’s love and energy engulf you
- Spend several minutes meditating in silence together.
- What insight did you have while meditating today?
- How did you sense God and his energy most?
2. Tai Chi
- Explain: Tai Chi is all about moving the supreme energy force through fluid movements. Its aim is to focus the circulation of “chi” within the body.
- Watch and practice with this video together: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VNw8tM7MYE
- Explain: Yoga is another practice which focuses on aligning internal energy.
- Here’s a 10 minute beginners Yoga video to try also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PgIfOOHwH8
Concluding Point: God’s Universal Prime Energy is everywhere and in everything, it is what allows us to experience the breeze, sunlight and joy! We can practice harnessing God’s energy through many activities: meditation, tai chi, yoga, etc. These are all about centering one’s internal energy; centering God’s Universal Prime Energy.