This activity is meant to be an opportunity for the group to practice loving their own members and also overcoming their obstacles in loving others. You’ll need a roll of large sized paper.
- Start the evening with a testimony about overcoming difficulties in truly loving people from a deep place.
- Give time for the youth to identify why it might be difficult to love people with no hesitation.
- Give each youth a few feet of large paper to write out a simple statement that represents their obstacle.
- Have a staff member demonstrate the activity by:
- Sharing their obstacle in front of the group
- Standing a few feet behind their paper and running full speed through the paper to break through it.
- Have the rest of the group stand on the opposite side of the paper to embrace them in a big hug and cheers after breaking through.
- Encourage each person to do the activity if they feel comfortable.