EXPANDING MY HEART
Through mentoring we are raised to our own spiritual maturity
- Begin with a talk about how we growth through “expanding”. Here are some points to keep in mind:
- We are raised in our own spiritual maturity
- We are able to understand God’s parental heart
- We can see transform our thinking and see from God’s point of view
- We can collaborate with God by reaching out to others and impacting their life
- Ask the youth to think of someone in their life that they want to reach out to and reflect on these points:
- How does God see them?
- What does God appreciate about them?
- What is God’s hope for them?
- Have the youth write this person a letter based on these points.
- Seal the letter in an envelope and put a stamp on it.
- Challenge the youth to go home, find that person’s address and mail it to them and see what happens!
Supplies: envelopes, paper, pens, stamps