- Open the activity with a short talk about how much God works in our lives and how it can be very easy to overlook the countless blessings we receive from God.
- You can also have everyone write the blessings to God, such as “Thank you for giving me my loving parents”
- Ask each person to write 1-3 blessings they feel that God has given them in their lives.
- Hang some thick string (hemp or yarn) on the wall.
- Allow time for each person to read the blessings on the wall.
- Close the evening a short message on how amazing God is for blessing our lives. Even though life may throw us curveballs, God still provides, and to us, that is inspiring.
- You can also have unison prayer focusing on thanking God for all He/She is doing in our lives.
Supplies: String (hemp,yarn), Clothespins, Cut up construction paper, pens.
Optional: Buy some nice patterned tape and use it as a border around the string to feature the wall of blessings.
Submitted by Leilani Owens and the Florida Youth Ministry.