HOUSE OF PRAYER
There are a number of ways to do this depending on the building you are using.
- If you are using a home, you can use the actual rooms designated and post the prompts on the walls in the rooms.
- If you are using one large room you can use tape to outline the floor and represent the different rooms. Just put the the name of the room and prompts on the floor.You can also post a picture of the “kitchen/office/etc.” in each room with a label and prompts or put items that you might find the home.
- If you are using a center with several rooms you can label each room accordingly. You can also post a picture of the “kitchen/office/etc.” in each room with a label and prompts or put items that you might find the home.
- Provide the youth with paper and pen and prepare a sincere atmosphere before starting the prayer walk.
- Have the youth go through the prayer walk and reflect on their papers when they get to each prompt.
- Let them take their time as they go through.
- You can play music in the background to help encourage sincerity and quiet.
- At the end of the prayer walk allow youth to gather their thoughts.
- You may want to have a discussion about which prompt stood out to them the most and what they learned.
Prayer Walk Prompts:
- Kitchen: What are you filling yourself up with these days? Is your spiritual food healthy or unhealthy? Are you filling yourself up with God?
- Office: What goals are you working on these days? What insight does God have for you about your goals?
- Laundry Room: What part of you needs a fresh start? How can you let God help you refresh yourself and be the true you?
- Family Room: How is your family life? What would you like to see change and how can you help make that change come about?
- Bedroom: What is busying your mind? What do you need to let go of and trust God in?
- Closet: What are you not telling the people that love you that they should know? What’s holding you back from being open and honest?
- Backyard: When are you most free to be yourself? When do you feel like you can truly breathe? When is God free to live through you?