- Prepare the activity by sharing about the value and benefit of having a friend who can pray for you in your challenges. It’s important to create a deep and sincere environment, otherwise this activity won’t be taken seriously.
- Put all of the youth in pairs and put all of the staff in pairs too (they should participate as well).
- You can either prepare the partners based on who you think would be well suited for each other.
- Or you can put all the names of the youth in a bowl and pray over it and let God choose the pairs.
- Ask the partners to share about a personal challenge they are facing in their lives.
- Ask the partners to take turns praying out loud for each other and asking for God’s help and blessing in overcoming their challenge.
- Optional music in the background to make sure youth don’t feel nervous about others hearing their prayers.
- Optional hand holding during the prayers.
- Close the evening in one group offertory prayer offering all of our challenges and prayers to God and spirit world.
Submitted by Toyomichi Hagiwara and the New York Youth Ministry