THE ANSWER TO YOUR PRAYER
- Gather your group and set an intentional tone.
- Start by having one or two staff members share about a fear, or something that is holding them back.
- Have each person write their reflection into a letter to God or to themselves.
- Let them know that this will be public to the rest of the group.
- After 15-20 minutes of reflection and writing, have each person tape their letter to the wall.
- Give a brief talk about all of us supporting each other through the ups and downs in life. And how we can let God speak through us to reach one another.
- With pen in hand, each person then reads the posted letters, and leaves a comment or response on it. A note of encouragement and support.
- After some time, have each person retrieve their own letter and take the time to read the responses, embracing God’s love through the words of their peers.
Submitted by Sasha Drost and the Maryland Youth Ministry