Aim to learn about Mrs Kang’s pioneer experience
* To learn about Mrs Kang’s pioneer experience
* To think about how to share God’s message
* The First Pioneer, by Linna Rapkins
* “Sun Myung Moon: the Early Years,” by Mike Breen. chapters 6-8
* Visual Aids:
– pictures of early members
* memory cards of early members
* Children’s worksheet
2. Tell the story
4. Activities – worksheet, memory game
5. Review the lesson
Review the pictures and names of the early members. – Won Pil Kim, Se-hyun Oak, Hyo-Won Eu,, Hyun-shil Kang, Yo-Han Lee.
2) Tell the story
(a summary) In July 1953, Father sent Mrs Kang to pioneer Taegu. It was very difficult, because no one listened. Father went to help her and eventually many people became interested, especially women. Some husbands, however, became jealous and started spreading bad rumours about Father.
Father had to leave to stop the rumours.
Key points of the story
1. The story begins in July 1953 in Pusan, when the Korean War was ending The members now lived in a larger place than the hut of boxes
2. Father sent Mrs Kang to pioneer Taegu, to find more people to join.
3. She was only given money for transport and a little extra
4. It was very difficult for Mrs Kang to get anyone to listen to her message
5. Father came and many people became interested
6. New women members were mistreated by their jealous husbands
7. Father left Taegu to stop bad rumors spreading
* Play the memory game to review the names and faces of early members
* Complete the worksheet
Fill in the missing words, answer the questions and colour the picture
In July 1953, Father sent Mrs Kang to pioneer Taegu. It was very difficult, because no one listened. Father went to help her and eventually many people became interested, especially women. Some husbands,however, became jealous and started spreading bad rumours about Father. Father had to leave to stop the rumours.
1) Mark these cities on the map: Taegu, Seoul. Pusan
2) Fill in the missing words: people, listened, leave, Taegu, rumours, jealous
3) What is a pioneer? A pioneer is a person who is among the first to explore or settle a new country or area
4) If Father sent you out as a pioneer, what would you say to people? Write three things you could say about Father or the Principle.
*Rev. Moon is a great man of God.
*God has called him to give a new message to the world.
*He is a man of peace.
*He is working to build one family under God.
*He understands God better than anyone.
*Rev. Moon has been chosen by God to continue Jesus’ mission
*Do you believe in God?
*Would you like to hear a new message from God?
*The Principle is a new revelation from God.
*God made all things out of love.
*We are all God’s children.
*God made everything to exist in pairs.
*We are meant to live for others
*God’s ideal is to build world of love, happiness and peace
*Because Adam and Eve lost God, the world became full of evil and suffering.
*God has worked through history to restore His ideal.
4) Review the lesson
* What could you learn about Mrs Kang’s pioneer experience
* What can we share about Father and the Principle
5) End with a prayer