Aim to understand that Mr. Eu’s love for God overcame his disability
* To understand that Mr. Eu’s love for God overcame his disability
* To learn about famous people with disabilities
* To learn that people with disabilities can still do great things if the desire is strong enough
* To learn from the story, that God has a way of using a person, if that person really wants him to.
* The Crippled Teacher, by Chris Garcia
* Visual Aids:
– Father teaching with Hyo-Won Eu
– famous people with disabilities
* memory cards of early members
* Children’s worksheets
2. Tell the story
4. Activities – worksheet, memory game
5. Review the lesson
Review the pictures and names of the early members. – Won Pil Kim, Se-hyun Oak, Hyo-Won Eu,, Hyun-shil Kang, Yo-Han Lee.
2) Tell the story
(a summary) Mr Hyo Won Eu met the Unification Church in 1953 in Pusan. He was a very clever man, but he suffered from a bone disease. He was inspired by the Principle and studied for many hours even though he was in pain. Because of his strong desire to serve God he became the first great teacher of the Principle, in spite of his illness.
Key points of the story
1) Mr Eu had a disease in his bones that made him crippled.
2) He wished he could be a person God could use.
3) He was a very educated man and it was hard for him to believe anything, unless it made sense to him.
4) His mind wasn’t touched by the Principle, because the members hadn\t answered any of his questions, but something spoke to his heart.
5) He took the Divine Principle book home with him. He read it and it made sense!
6) Mr Eu joined the Church in Pusan in 1953
7) He was the very first person to join without first meeting Father .
8) He wrote the first Divine Principle book
9) He became the first President of the Unification Church.
* Complete the worksheet
worksheet 1 – Fill in the missing words, answer the questions
worksheet 2 – Cut and paste picture and words for each disabled person
4) Review the lesson
Discuss what we can learn about disabilities from this lesson
5) End with a prayer