YOU’RE IN CHARGE: SURPRISE!
- Start the program off with a fun ice breaker to bring the group together.
- Share with the group that today, they will each be contributing to each other’s experience. THEY will be planning tonight’s program.
- First share what the message of the night is, so that they have a focus.
- Split the group into 3 teams- ice breaker, discussion, activity. Each team has 15 minutes to plan their portion of the night.
- Note- be sure you jump between teams to support them where needed! (This includes giving them access to supplies, music, etc)
- Sit back (but participate!) and let them take ownership of the evening!
- Optional: End with a group sharing or pep talk about how everyone has something amazing to contribute to each other’s experiences.
Contributed by Sasha Drost & the Maryland Youth Ministry.