MONTH OF MENTORING
- Round up a group of staff, young adults, or adults to commit to being mentors for one month.
- To kick off this campaign, host a youth group dedicated to fun and bonding so that mentors and mentees can break the ice.
- It’s a good idea to pair mentors with mentees based on gender, hobbies, and interest etc.
- During each weekly youth group meeting have the youth and mentor meet privately to discuss.
- For content you can have weekly sub topics or just use general questions such as:
- What’s a highlight from this week?
- What was a lowlight (or challenge) from this week?
- What do you want to work on for next week?
- This is a great way to offer time for your youth to get great feedback and insight that is directly related to their life, plus consistent follow up for one month!