LIGHT SWITCH COVER
- Ask everyone to use their phones to find a short quote that reminds them of God’s presence. Provide supplemental resources for those who don’t have smart phones.
- Trace the outline of a lightswitch cover on blank pieces of paper.
- Have everyone design their lightswitch cover with their quote and whatever else inspires them.
- Cut around the outline of the lightswitch cover but leave about an extra ¼ inch around the outline (it doesn’t have to be exact).
- Make a small diagonal cut along the corners of the excess ¼ inch so that you can fold the paper easily over the lightswitch cover.
- Spray the back of the image and front of the plate with spray adhesive.
- Put the plate in the outline and fold in the sides of the design.
- Let it dry for about 10 minutes and then you can trim an excess paper from the corners.
- Cut an X in the center of the lightswitch hole.
- Spray a small amount of adhesive on the back of the plate and carefully fold the triangles of the lightswitch hole to the back.
- Use a toothpick or small pencil to punch through the holes of the lightswitch cover.
- Spray evenly with clear acrylic gloss and let dry for 10-15 minutes.
- Spray another coat of clear acrylic gloss and let dry for 10-15 minutes.
- Spray for the final time and let dry for about an hour.
- While it’s drying would be a good time to feature some testimonies or discussion surrounding the idea of creating a daily and healthy relationship with our Heavenly Parent.
Supplies: Light switch plates, Paper & Art supplies, X-ACTO knife or box cutter (something that cuts nicely), Spray Adhesive, Clear acrylic spray gloss, Toothpick
Here’s a helpful step by step video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twFthZmd3cc