WHO IS GOD? DISCUSSION
- Get into small groups and give each group a discussion facilitator.
- In small groups ask everyone to write down 1-3 responses to the questions “Who is God?” They can be characteristics, persona’s or anything that comes to mind. Put those responses in some type of container.
- Have the facilitator pick out one of the papers and read it out loud, for instance “parent.” And ask the group, “Does any feel like God is a parent?” and have the youth raise their hands if they agree.
- Then ask those youth to share a brief explanation of why they feel God is a parent, such as “God created all of us, so he is our parent.”
- Continue the process until all of the papers have been read and share about.
- Feel free to expand on points if the group seems ready to discuss about God, but since this is an introductory topic don’t push them too hard.