What does expand mean?
- Understand why we should reach out
- Practice intentional and natural witnessing
- Be an example of the Divine Principle in daily life
- Grow your ability to love and let others into your heart
How can your staff help your youth expand?
- Invite one of YOUR friends to church/youth group
- Hang out with one of your youth and their friends on neutral turf
- Challenge on of your youth to bring a friend to church/youth group
- Publicly recognize efforts to expand by your youth
Clarification: Evangelism includes friends who aren’t in our church and friends we haven’t seen in a while!
Level 1: Why Reach Out?
Activities that focus on the attitude behind sharing the love
Level 2: Practicing the Skills
Activities that help us develop the skills to speak up
Level 3: Overcoming Obstacles
Activities that challenge us to overcome what’s holding us back
Relevant DP Life articles:
These questions pertain to all 3 articles:
- What part of your faith do you find difficult to explain to others?
- Which explanation did you like most?
- What are you most proud of when it comes to our church traditions?
Level 4: Where Do I Start?
Activities focusing on challenging youth to take the next step in expansion